Saturday, February 6, 2010

Evil Evil Teeth

So my friend was telling me how her daughter who is 2 weeks older then L had 6 teeth (oh my sweet mother of god, 6) by 7 months. I was all like, "OMG you poor thing,  She must have been miserable. Blah blah blah." Meanwhile, I was just waiting for another one of those evil stabby things to torture my little angel....waiting, and waiting.

Well no sooner then I lend her my sympathy, Mr. Fantastic's upper gums get red, like really red. It was awful, a week of crying and sad faces for everyone. No sleep for anyone...except Justin and Fenway. Then one of his top front teeth pops through. Then, he was back, Mr. Fantastic was back. We laughed and played and the tears were minimal. Twas bliss.

Then his other upper gum got red, like really red. I waited for the sad faces and tears, armed with my Oragel and Tylenol. But the smiles continued. We learned how to crawl (omg craziness is a mobile child) And we learned to sit on our own, and pull up, and eat lots of yummy things. But no tooth came to ruin our life.

Then I was tickeling him on the couch and I noticed another tooth- a totally unexpected Chiclet on the bottom. Ok sure, I'll take it! No tears? awesomeness.

Meanwhile, the top gum is festering with owies waiting to hurt my innocent bebe. Then the tears come and the sleeping gets disrupted and the the Orgel numbs and Tylenol soothes the pain...but no tooth.

This fucking tooth will not come out. I can see the little bastard. It wants to come out, but it just stays their on the edge, not daring to cut through and relieve my angel. It stays there teetering and taunts us all.

Teeth are fucking evil.

1 comment:

  1. Urgh. Teeth ARE evil little fuckers! I hope that thing breaks through soon. You need sleep, I'm sure. It's like God's cruel joke or something.

    ReplyDelete